Our beloved students, you are enjoined to adhere strictly, at all times, to the Dress Code put in place by the University Authorities. You will be addressed the way you are dressed. Everybody in ACU deserves to be treated with respect, therefore dress well in conformity with the Dress Code. Remember that only students who comply with the Dress Code will be allowed entry into: Lecture rooms, Bursary, Registry, Student Affairs, University Health Centre, Examination Halls, Community Services, Sunday Services and any Chaplaincy Programmes.
Please take note, the following are NOT acceptable:
- Tight shorts and skirts above the knees (except for sporting purposes);
- Transparent and see-through dresses;
- Semi-naked Appearance: Wearing of ordinary underwear like singlet, dresses that expose major parts of the body, etc.;
- Skirt which due to slitting, reveals sensitive parts of the wearer’s body, and stretch-elastic material for skirt/gowns;
- Short and skimpy dresses, e.g. body hugs, show-me-your chest, spaghetti wears and dresses exposing sensitive parts of the body, backless, camisole only;
- Wearing of T-Shirts with obscene inscriptions and face caps;
- Shirts that reveal the wearer’s chest unduly;
- Sagging/Earth level/ yansy (use belt);
- Dread, Galax, Fadeout and Rough Coil Hair Cut, Bushy hair, unkempt appearance;
- Wearing of earrings by male students;
- wearing of multiple and bogus earrings by female students;
- Leggies/Geggies/Pencil trousers;
- Carrot Jeans/Tattered Jeans; Tight trousers, and all other forms of tight fitting clothing;
- Hair plaiting or weaving by male students;
- Wearing of bathroom slippers around the lecture rooms of the university;
- No bangles, beads, rings, etc. for male students; and
- Wearing of beards is not allowed.
Please note that culprits will be sanctioned; therefore dress well in conformity with the ACU Dress Code . Always have your ID Card on you anytime on campus.